On Wednesday morning OURFC were delighted to be able to host Padua College from Brisbane at Iffley Road as the first stop on their 2014 European U17 rugby tour. Having arrived at Heathrow at 6.00am, Oxford was a suitable first stop for the boys to stretch their legs and get a first taste of the UK weather, some 10 degrees cooler than back home in Queensland! The coaches took it fairly easy on the boys as they did a 45 minute stretch and light running session at the home of Oxford University RFC. After a freshening shower the boys had a look around the historic OURFC Pavilion before heading into Oxford for a couple of hours to take in some of the sights.
The school have seven fixtures arranged during their two and half-weeks in Europe, taking in five countries.
• Thursday 3rd April Thomas Rich’s School, Gloucester
• Saturday 5th April Hawick Albion, Scotland
• Monday 7th April Methodist College, Belfast
• Wednesday 9th April Skerries RFC, Dublin
• Friday 11th April Dorking RFC, Surrey
• Tuesday 15th April Antwerp RFC, Belgium
• Thursday 17th April RIS Orangis Rugby, Paris